Sunday, April 19, 2009

Newbie

So, in case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted anything in over a year. Dejahmi is still up and running, I'm just crap at blogging.

I have been very inspired lately by my sister's blog, http://www.letters-of-the-living.blogspot.com/ and want to try to do better. I've been thinking a lot lately about the things that hold me back, and one of those things is my personal insecurities around perfection and my lack thereof. Although this is a blog primarily about my business, I have decided I will discuss my personal struggles and growth in relation to business as well as just facts about upcoming shows and new materials. I am trying to remember that everything is always in the midst of change (even business) and the world might be a better place if we kept that in mind.


I don't want to expect perfection from myself or anyone else since it isn't possible. Instead of striving for perfection, I'm going to strive for accountability. That means there may be posts here about my struggle with whether or not to use pearls in my designs since they are an animal product and I am a vegetarian. I only use Fair Trade or upcycled pearls which helps me feel better about participating in an industry that is so dangerous to human workers, but does not address the mollusks. I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your opinions and possibly your own personal struggles with trying to live up to your own standards.



We all have to make our own decisions about where to draw the lines we live by. But I like to think I am constantly learning more and incorporating those lessons into my belief system - and that is a process. For those who are interested, I'll be sharing some of that process here. Feel free to join me.

Let the games begin...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I don't think the games began.